GENERAL TERMS AND RULES OF THE COMPETITION
- The competition is open for young musicians of all nationalities and is divided into age categories for the disciplines horn, accordion, double bass, zither, piano and chamber music with harp. The age category is determined by calendar year (from January 1st until December 31st). Example: Duration of the competition is from 7th until 12th of April 2022, competitor is born on June 5th 2015 – the competitor is 7 years old.
Age categories for solo disciplines horn, accordion, double bass and zither:
- Pre-category – 9 years and younger
- I. category – 11 years and younger
- II. category – 13 years and younger
- III. category – 15 years and younger
- IV. category – 17 years and younger
- V. category – 19 years and younger
Age categories for discipline piano:
- Pre-category – 8 years and younger
- I. category – 10 years and younger
- II. category – 12 years and younger
- III. category – 14 years and younger
- IV. category – 16 years and younger
- V. category – 18 years and younger
- VI. category – 21 years and younger
- VII. category – 25 years and younger
Age categories for discipline chamber music with harp:
- I. a category – average age of group members up to 12 years (0 – 12)
- I. b category – average age of group members up to 15 years (12,01 – 15)
- II. category – average age of group members up to 19 years (15,01 – 19)
- Application deadline: 20th of March 2022.
The application must contain:
- a completed application form and printed (electronic application will be available on glasbena-sola-celje.si),
- a receipt of the payment of the application fee.
- Application fee:
- Pre-category, I., II. and III. category (solo disciplines: horn, accordion, double bass, zither, piano) – 60€
- IV. and V. category (solo disciplines: horn, accordion, double bass, zither, piano) – 70€
- VI. and VII. category piano – 70€
- Chamber music with harp: 35€ per member
The application fee is to be paid to:
GLASBENA ŠOLA CELJE
Slomškov trg 10
Account No. at Banka Slovenije (Bank of Slovenia) SI56 012116030709537
BIC (SWIFT): BSLJSI2X
Reference No.: SI00 760599-22
Upon payment DON’T FORGET to indicate (as the PURPOSE OF TRANSACTION) the NAME OF THE COMPETITOR!
The application fee is non-refundable in case of a candidate’s withdrawal after 20th March 2022.
- The organizer can limit the maximum number of competitors in which case the order of the applications received will be considered.
- The programme is performed entirely by heart unless otherwise provided in the propositions.
- Award and special prizes criteria:
All competitors receive:
- gold plaque for achieving 95 – 100 points
- silver plaque for achieving 90 – 94,99 points
- bronze plaque for achieving 85 – 89,99 points
- participation award for achieving 84,99 or less points
In IV. and V. category in disciplines horn, accordion, double bass and zither and in VI. and VII. category in discipline piano special money prizes will be awarded for the 1st place for the competitors if the competitor receives a gold plaque.
In III. category a special prize “Solo performance with the Music school Celje orchestra” in the school year 2022/23 will be awarded by the organizer.
- Awards and special prizes will be presented at the conclusion of the competition Celeia 2022. Registration is required prior to the event.
- A jury member must abstain from voting in case of a teaching relationship or kinship with a candidate.
- The jury has the right to stop the performance if the candidate exceeds the prescribed time limit.
- The order of the performance of the competitors will be in the alphabetical order.
- When registering, competitors must present a valid identity document.
- The results will be announced after 3 hours at the latest after the closing of performances in each category.
- The competition is open to public and the organizer reserves the right to photograph, record, film and web stream or broadcast any part of the competition events.
- Competitors must grant organiser of the competition the sole and exclusive right the use of photographs and recordings in perpetuity, and irrevocably waive, in favour of the competition, the benefit of all moral rights and performer’s rights arising under the Copyright or under the laws of any jurisdiction. No fee is payable to any competitor on account of these performances or any recordings or broadcasts of them. All materials will be used solely with a purpose to publicize the results and to promote the 3rd International Competition Celeia 2022.
- The jury decisions are final.
- By registering, the competitor confirms that he/she accepts the conditions of the 3rd international competition Celeia 2022.